If you are in the market for a new home, then you have probably considered building a new construction home. There are many things to consider when trying to decide whether to build a new construction home or purchase an existing home. Below are some of the key pros and cons of a new construction home.
Pros of a New Construction Home:
- Personalization – When you choose a new construction home, you get to put your personal touches and style into the home.
- Floor plan – The great thing about building a new construction home is that you get to decide on the floor plan that works best for your family. Do you need an extra room for your home office? You can have one. Do you need a room to be used as a flex space? You can have that, too!
- Smart home – When you build a new construction home, you can decide to include technology and features in your home that are a lot easier to install during construction than after. Some smart home features you can opt to include are alarm systems, smart garage doors, Bluetooth speakers in the ceilings or walls, and media control panels.
- Efficient – A new construction home is more efficient with newer appliances, insulation, windows, and HVAC equipment.
Cons of a New Construction Home:
- Landscaping – New construction homes can take several years for landscaping to mature and look finished.
- Time – New construction homes take time to build. You won’t be able to move in tomorrow.
- Location – The location of new construction homes tends to be either outside of the city where there is more land or within the city but in a high-rise condo. Other types of locations may be available but could take some persistent looking for just the right location.
We feel that the pros of a new construction home far outweigh the cons. At Jordan Homes of NC, we specialize in custom home building in Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem and surrounding areas. Give us a call to discuss the options of building your dream custom home.